All grapes are handpicked during the early morning hours and then cooled overnight in a temperature - controlled room at 5 °C. 70% of these grapes are then crushed and destemmed, whilst the remaining 30% is fermented as whole cluster. This is followed by a three-day cold soak at 9 °C, covered with a CO₂ blanket. Natural fermentation takes place in open fermenters. Extraction is obtained by light punch - downs twice a day. After fermentation is completed, the wine is left on the skins for another seven days and then pressed to old oak barrels. Malolactic fermentation is completed in the barrel. The wine is then racked from the lees and given a low dose of sulphur. The wine spends a total of 10 months in the barrel before it is bottled, unfined and unfiltered.
"Kloovenburg produces some of the best value reds in the Swartland. This lightly wooded Grenache is a case in point - a spicy, floral, sappy red with underlying minerality, some stony grip and raspberry and pomegranate fruit." 93 pts Tim Atkin MW South Africa 2021 Special Report
Bottle Size:75.0 cl
Item added to your cart
Kloovenburg Grenache 2020 Bottle