Alheit 'Magnetic North'
Out of Stock
- This is an interesting comparison with Nautical Dawn. Both are 100% Chenin Blanc, but the profiles are completely different:
- 550 metres elevation. Planted on red sand over red clay. 30km from the ocean, but still benefits from a coastal influence.
- The yield this year was a parsimonious 1.3 tonnes per hectare.
- pH of 3.15
- Fermented in a 2,000 litre foudre on primary lees, before transfer to tank for further settling.
- Chris believes this is the best single wine he has produced in the 10 year history of Alheit Vineyards.
- Nothing has changed in the elevage to previous vintages, but it is true to say that the wine is completely different to anything that has gone before.